Frequently Asked Questions
Some common questions we get asked.
- Are your soaps tear-free? Because of the pH level of soap, it is impossible to have a tear-free formula. Manufacturers of large commercially available brands use chemicals in their products to alter the Ph level. Because our soap is natural we are unable to offer a tear-free formula. If soap does get in your eyes rinse immediately with water.
- Why is my wash cloth a different colour after using your soap? Some of the colourants we use in our soap, although natural, can leave a slight discolouration on light coloured wash cloths or towels. This will usually wash away but please be aware that some colour may be slightly harder to remove (no staining will occur on the skin). Colours that we use that may show on lighter towelling include activated charcoal and Indigo powder.
- Are your soaps corrosive, I heard lye was dangerous? Lye (also known as sodium hydroxide, Caustic Soda or NaOH) is used in the production of soap and is added to the oils and butters at the beginning of the process. The ingredients then go through a natural chemical process called saponification. The lye is not present in the soap after this process has taken place which is why we do not list Lye on our soap labels. Our soap is not corrosive or dangerous to use on your skin.
- One of your soaps gives me a slight rash, what should I do? You may be allergic to one of the essential oils in the soap, stop using the soap immediately and seek medical advice if the rash does not clear up. Some people can be more sensitive to some essential oils, we list all of the allergens present in our soap on the back of the labels and on our product pages so you can make an informed decision before you buy.
- How do I know your products are safe? In the UK it is a legal requirement for any seller of beauty products to have a CPSR (Cosmetic Product Safety Assessment). You can be assured that all of our recipes have been tested and approved by scientists and given certification of safety before we make them available for purchase.